The student card is your means to prove that you’re a student in Finland in all situations necessary. With the card, you can access all benefits of your own student group, such as national student deals (e.g. train and bus discounts, student-priced meals, Finnish Student Health Service). In addition, you will gain access to all of Frank’s national and global student discounts.
All student cards are ordered through Frank. You’ll find all the necessary information on Frank’s site and in the online card order system. A card order will take approximately three weeks to process. In questions and problem situations related to card order delivery, contact your own student union’s service personnel.
Order your student card.
Student card selection
You may choose one of the following cards:
- Student card with the payment functionality (Price 15,10€ + membership fee)
- With this type of card you can both prove you are a student (and as a result get all the student discounts and benefits) and pay your purchases in every shop, where MasterCard is accepted. You can also draw out money from ATMs all around the world. This card type is available for degree students (undergraduate/graduate).
- In addition to the traditional chip payment, the card has also a contactless payment feature
o It is possible pay the purchases under 25€ without a PIN number simply by tapping the card on a point-of-sale terminal reader
=> E.g. paying the Kela subsidized student meal will be then easy and quick; with the student card one can both prove that he/she is a student and pay for the meal!
- The card works as a Prepaid card
o All purchases made with your card will be charged on your Elisa Lompakko account. You will be guided to register to Elisa Lompakko -service while ordering the card.
o Just activate your card in Elisa Lompakko, transfer money to Elisa Lompakko and your card is ready to use!
- ISIC functionality can be also added (additional charge of 15€) to this type of card and after that the card will work as an international student card. You can prove that you are a student all around the world and get discounts in over 120 countries.
- In order to get this card type, you need Finnish personal identity code and Finnish mobile phone number
- The card will be delivered to your home address
- Student card without the payment functionality (Price 15,10€ + membership fee)
- A basic student card for degree students (undergraduate/graduate), with which you can prove you are a student and get all the student discounts and benefits
- In order to get this card type, you need your student number, but NO Finnish personal identity code. Therefore, this is the most common choice for foreign exchange students.
- ISIC-functionality CAN NOT be combined with this type of card
- The card will be delivered to the student union’s point of service
What do you need before you can make the student card order?
You may order your card after you have paid the membership fee of your student union. In addition, please make sure whether you are eligible for the student card for degree (undergraduate or graduate) students or postgraduate students by contacting your student unions point of service xx.
Before ordering a card make sure you have:
- A clear photo of your face in electronic format. The photo must be taken directly from the front in the same way as passport photos
- A payment instrument to pay for the order
=>Visa or MasterCard (credit/debit) or Finnish net bank access codes.
- Finnish personal identity code (OR a student number if you order a card without payment functionality)
How to order a student card
Please order your own student card online here.
Just click the “start the order” button and follow the instructions carefully!
With questions regarding student cards the quickest channel is Elisa’s customer service: 010 2662 000 Mon–Fri 8–19, Sat 10–16.30, blocking service 24h (price 0,084€/call + (0,06€/min, mobile 0,17€/min)). The card’s delivery time is approximately three weeks. Please note, that in the beginning of new semester the cards cannot be produced before the universities update their student registers (usually in the beginning of January/August), because the student status for student’s card order will be confirmed on the basis of these student registers. Due to that the waiting time might be longer than three weeks, if you are a new student and make an order before the register is updated.
If you already have a valid Finnish student card (e.g. Lyyra card or any student card issued by your current student union), you don’t need to order a new student card to be able to access Frank’s deals. You merely need up-to-date membership with your student union and the updated term sticker for your card, which is available from COPSA.